Well, it’s here. I’ve officially been living in L.A. for two years now. Seems like just yesterday I graduated from college, packed up, and flew out here to make my dreams come true. It’s truly hard to believe what I’ve accomplished in this past year, and how different my life is. I could list all the accomplishments and changes from this past year, but that’s not necessary.
You know how some people say “Don’t worry. Just sit back and let life fall into place.”? Yea…I can’t do that. If I have a goal, I make sure that I do everything possible to reach that goal. If I sit back and just wait, I may eventually get there, but it will probably be too late. Although Los Angeles is extremely expensive, a little dirty, and full of people desperately trying to mend the shattered pieces from their broken dreams, living here has taught me many valuable lessons . Some of them include:
- Learn alternate routes and side streets instead of taking the main roads.
- If you can, save as much money as possible instead of trying to look and act like you have more than you do.
- This city is all about who you know. NETWORK. NETWORK. NETWORK.
- If one opportunity doesn’t work out for you, then keep it pushing and move on to the next one. You can’t waste time worrying about what could’ve happened.
- Be patient, but also be persistent. Persistence shows people that you are serious, despite the obstacles you may face. However, make sure your persistence doesn’t turn into just plain annoying.
- Surround yourself with people who will tell you the truth, support you, and keep you on the right path towards your goals.
- Be fearless in your pursuit of success. This is not the city for a shy coward. You can’t be afraid to put yourself out there because if you don’t step your game up, you better believe that there are thousands of other people ready to take what was supposed to be yours.
- Always work on improving your craft.
- Believe in yourself. If you don’t, why should anybody else.
- Learn not to take rejection or criticism personally (I’m still working on this one).
- Be grateful for what you have and stay positive.
- DON’T GIVE UP!
These are just some of the lessons that I’ve learned during my two years here, but I know this city has so much more to teach me. Can’t wait to see what happens during this next year and even more importantly, I can’t wait to tell you guys all about it. Don’t forget to check out the latest episode of Chasing L.A. right now.
[embedplusvideo height=”419″ width=”700″ editlink=”http://bit.ly/1yGqPfQ” standard=”http://www.youtube.com/v/bL2cqe_d8DE?fs=1″ vars=”ytid=bL2cqe_d8DE&width=700&height=419&start=&stop=&rs=w&hd=0&autoplay=0&react=1&chapters=¬es=” id=”ep6764″ /]